Note about chan_pjsip¶
It is not recommended for new installations to use chan_sip.
- chan_sip has been officially removed in Asterisk 21 – Releasing 2023
- chan_sip was deprecated in Asterisk 17 – Released: October 2019
- Beginning with Asterisk 13.8.0, a stable version of pjproject is included in Asterisk's ./third-party directory and is enabled with the
- Beginning with Asterisk 15.0.0, it is enabled by default but can be disabled with the
There is documentation that resides in the sip.conf.sample file included with the source.
* Please be advised that limited support will be available on the mailing list, IRC, and bug tracker for issues with chan_sip
- Further development and bug fixes for chan_sip are not likely